3 years ago I took my vehicle to Meineke in Flowood, MS because I had a noise in the front when I turned my steering wheel to the left.They advised me it was the hub and would cost me $600 to repair.

Not knowing anything about hubs I agreed for the repair. The next day they called and told me my vehicle was ready. I picked it up and as I was driving off, it was still making the same noise. I drove back up and went inside and advised of this.

They kept my car again overnight and advised me it was the other one not the one they replaced, so I agreed to let them repair it. It was a total over $1200.00. The ABS light was still on after this, and I questioned that. The mechanic (very young) told me it was an ABS part that would cost me about $86 and he would put it on for $100.

I advised I couldn't afford that right now with the current repairs. He said it would be OK for a while. 2 weeks ago, I finally decided I needed to try to get it repaired so I took it to a Goodyear repair center and they put it on the machine and advised me that I did not need an ABS part that I needed new hubs. I went and purchased the hubs myself at AutoZone and paid $286 for both hubs with a warranty of 1 year.

You can also get warranties up to years also. (Meineke's warranty was 90 days). I then took it to a repair shop where I knew someone and they charged me $130 to put them both on. I spent a little over $400 total.

Meineke charged me $450 a piece for the hubs they supposedly put on for a total of $900 plus labor & misc supplies a total over $1200. My ABS light is no longer on, which tells me that they never replaced my hubs. I believe they just greased the bearings and charged me for the hubs and labor. I have learned the "hard way" to get a second opinion.

You can't trust anyone that you do not know. Needless to say, that Meineke location closed down 2 years ago. I wonder why. Ladies, please get a second opinion and check out the cost of parts yourself.

Meineke screwed the *** out of me, but never again.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Meineke?

Comments