1.4

Update by user Mar 13, 2019

I'm done with this. Time to move on.

Posting here got me no further with Meineke. The PissedConsumer site people can remove my post any time they wish. I took several family cars to this shop from 1990 through 2018, primarily because of the previous man in charge, Ken. Ken was a super person.

I miss him.

I will never go to any Meineke shop again. Lesson learned.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2019

I will add more details later after I calm down. This at involved manager Jim M at the Normal IL shop brokering work out paint work to one of his mechanics to do at home.

The promise was that this guy was a perfectionist at auto painting. For now I want you to know that this shop totaled my car through poor workmanship. No shop in town can fix it for a reasonable price other than Maaco. The Meineke shop will not do anything about it and neither will Meineke Corporate, which is apparently only there to receive calls and relay them back to their shops.

I will need to give more thought to whether I want to invest my time in an organized, broad, negative social media campaign. I sure don’t want to invest time into a lawsuit.

My warning to you is first to not go to this shop and second not to let them talk you into anything that sounds too good to be true. Before calling Corporate I gave Jim a chance to make it right but neither he nor his franchise owner felt they had any responsibility for work they’d vouched for.

Product or Service Mentioned: Meineke Car Repair.

Comments