map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

Your completely stupid ads.

The only thing that has ever stopped me from going to one of your stores, is the asinine commercials you show on tv. I cringe every time one comes on, being of German heritage I find them insulting.
HD W

| map-marker Wichita, Kansas

Meineke STOLE over $3200 from me and left me with a broken van!

Meineke STOLE over $3200 from me and left me with a broken van!
Meineke STOLE over $3200 from me and left me with a broken van! - Image 2
Original review Feb 23, 2024

My relationship and trouble with meineke started back in April of last year when I had my 2013 Chrysler town&country towed into the meineke location on Seneca Street in Wichita, KS because it wouldn't start, not even with jumper cables. However, i had a good warranty that paid for towing and covered just about anything else that could go wrong with it, so i figured I'd have it towed to the closest shop to my house in case i had to walk to pick it up.

I called meineke before calling the tow company and Bryan said it was no big deal and they should have it ready by the end of the day (it was early morning when i had the issue). Shortly after noon that day I got a call from Bryan to update me and said my van would be ready in about an hour, if they had my approval to do the work and that it was the fuel pump needed replaced. Of course I agreed because I had plenty of coverage left on my warranty to cover it. Time came to go pick my van up and Bryan and i had engaged in normal small talk as he got my invoice ready and took my payment for the little amount that i owed for whatever the warranty didn't cover.

I made the comment, "dang that was fast, i sure wish you guys did transmission work because i need my torque converter replaced". I knew this from having a previous shop run testing on it after it started showing signs of the transmission acting up. Bryan stated "I can get that done for you here and it'll only take 2 days, the cost will be around $800 total, no problem". I talked to my husband about it and we thought about it for a couple days and decided why not, meineke took care of the fuel pump issue really quick(BTW, they never replaced my fuel pump i later found out, the mechanic only placed a relay switch into my fuse box under my hood, which also put me and my passengers at risk of catching fire or the van to explode in the event of a wreck because the relay switch disabled my emergency shut off switch to my fuel system, therefore allowing the gas in my tank to spill out instead of being shut off like it's supposed to) .

I didn't even make it out of the parking lot because my van wouldn't shift out of park. Which had nothing to do with the fuel pump in the first place, then my speedometer quit working on my way home and so I took it right back to meineke and was told that when I brought it back to have the torque converter changed that it should fix that issue. So, even after this shady situation, my husband and i decided to give meineke a shot because the mechanic DID get my van back to me running and drivable, however we felt that they should be held responsible for fixing whatever they messed up here. So I called Bryan and set up an appointment to take the van in to get the torque converter replacement.

Bryan told me when I dropped it off that they could replace it and work with my warranty company on the cost. All except a portion of the cost anyway. It was only supposed to take 2 days Bryan said he was sure of it because those weren't that big of a deal. He also assured me that having the torque converter replaced would iron out those other issues that developed when they supposedly changed my fuel pump.

Well 2 days and replacing the torque converter turned into 2 weeks and me needing to have my transmission replaced. This whole time I'm still without a vehicle. This was on top of a lot of lies from Bryan in this time span. I called daily to check on my van and every day he would promise it would only be till the end of that day or the next at the latest.

They did eventually give me a loaner car to use, only because I wouldn't stop calling him and complaining because I was missing work through all of this as well. (I'm a full time gig worker, I NEED a vehicle to earn my paycheck to pay my bills) However, finally I had gotten fed up with meineke giving me the run around and told Bryan in a message, because he started ignoring my calls, that if he was going to take ANY longer with my van that I was just going to have to take it somewhere else. He lied to me about what was going on AND he had already began repairs that I HAD NOT APPROVED of so that I HAD NO CHOICE but to wait even longer. About a WEEK after meineke had already had my van, My warranty company (ASC) called me with "great news"...Apparently Bryan had made negotiations with ASC that if they would approve his proposed amount to do so; he wanted to purchase and install a "REBUILT transmission" into my van, PLUS he (meineke) was going to back said transmission with a 5 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY.

And that's not all, Bryan also informed ASC and myself that meineke was also going to give me a discount of $1500 for all of my trouble and the time it was taking with my van. There's no way I could say no to that good of a deal. Plus I STILL HAD NO CHOICE. HE ALREADY HAD MY VAN TAKEN APART and at this point had started ignoring my calls.

I just wanted my van fixed and back in my possession! FINALLY, Bryan called and said my van was ready to be picked up, so I got there to pick my van up, I had to pay$400+ out of pocket EXTRA for I dont know what before I could actually have my keys to leave with it. Then I got in the van and started it up and I didn't notice ANYTHING any better! Actually it was worse.

Now there was a rattle coming from under my hood. The mechanic told me that that was normal until "it was broken in" and should get better within a couple days after driving it a bit. Come to find out he was lying out his *** 3 DAYS later I took it to a different mechanic and ultimately had to have the fly wheel replaced (it was so bad that it was broken in a complete circle in the middle of it, like it could have been split into 2 pieces easily) costing me another $1000 OUT OF POCKET because Bryan and meineke had taken EVERYTHING off of my warranty which was over $3200 when I took it in for a torque converter replacement! That same mechanic informed me that the transmission that was put into my van had come from a salvage yard and even showed me where the salvage yard had numbered it with chalk, it was NOT a rebuilt transmission!

It's been not even a year and I have had to pay 2 other mechanics to fix transmission issues in my van! Once was the fly wheel a week after I Picked it up from the shop costing me another $1000 and now my transmission is messing up again. Bryan REFUSES to acknowledge I even exist and of course denies fault in my van now breaking down and the fact that he all out STOLE $3200 from me through my warranty company, not to mention what i was also charged out of pocket. I feel I was robbed and done very wrong and I've already paid around $4000 to meineke.

I need this fixed. Refund, replace my vehicle, actually have my van fixed, SOMETHING! DON'T JUST STEAL MY MONEY AND GIVE ME A BROKEN VAN THAT I STILL OWE 10K ON. I've tried to reach out 3 different times with no response!

I even reached out to Meineke on Facebook and was sent an automated message in Facebook Messenger that included a link that supposedly goes to Meineke's customer care center. However, when I clicked on it, it asked me to tell them about my complaint by filling out another form, and so I did and I got an automated response stating that a customer care representative would be in touch with me after they've had a chance to assess my situation. That was back in September of 2023, then again twice in October.

I have yet to hear from anybody from the Company. It's impossible to get ahold of anybody at corporate or to get a response from a customer service representative.

Loss:
Cons:
  • This company will steal everything you have and leave you with nothing

Preferred solution: Full refund or fix/ replace my van that they were paid to do in the first place.

User's recommendation: DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL TAKE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND ACT AS IF YOU NEVER EXISTED!

Jose A Khl

Pissed

Meineke - Pissed
Meineke - Pissed - Image 2
Meineke - Pissed - Image 3

Yesterday I went to a Meineke shop in Fitchburg, Mass for a brake job. The manager checked the car and recommended that I should change all four rotors and pads, and he gave me a quote, I decided to change only the front brakes without the rotors.

When I left the shop I heard a sound in the back of the car, and when I hit the brakes I hear a sound like friction, metal with metal and I can feel the rotors. When I get to my house I check the rear tire and I noticed the drivers side rotors scratched like it was from a month driving it like that, and just went to pickup my granddaughter from school and to my house.

This morning I went back to the shop I explained the manager what happened, and he told me that the brakes were already thin and it damaged rotors, I talked to him that when I went over there I didnt have no problem with the rear brakes, he insisted that was pad were not good, but I dont think I cant so bad in a short period of time. I also found that one of the lug nuts were missing I he explained to me that it was like that, but they didnt tell me nothing about that.

Finally I dont recommend not body to this shop

Renee B Hlh

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Shelbyville, Kentucky

Reimbursement for towing due to oil plug not properly tighten after oil change & oil leaked out

Meineke - Reimbursement for towing due to oil plug not properly tighten after oil change...
The oil leak plug was not put on tight, valve stems were not put on tires, and the service light was not reset. I called Justin but received no call back. Never again.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Broadway location never any problems
Cons:
  • Preston hwy need people who know how to work on cars

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from this location

Stephen B Vff
map-marker Hillsborough Township, New Jersey

Inadequate workmanship. No refund offered for a repair that did not Work!!!!

Meineke, Hillsborough, NJ attempted to repair our Mini, but it broke down again the following day. Meineke, Mt Kisco, also attempted to repair it.

My daughter, who was driving the car, was left stranded twice, having to get a hotel and a $100 Uber ride home. Both times it was fitted with a used, reconditioned alternator, both of which failed within 24 hours. We eventually had to have the car towed to a Mini dealership that repaired the car properly, informing us the alternator and work conducted were entirely faulty and inadequate. Meineke will not refund our money on something that clearly did not work.

They are ignoring us and will not respond.

DO NOT USE MEINEKE. Certainly do not use them if you are a young woman, they treat you like you know nothing and clearly rip you off!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE MEINEKE EVER

Guest

You had a warranty with Mienke. You have to bring it back to them.

Defective parts happen even with new parts. Remanufactured part tend to fail less than new parts. You must give them a chance to correct any defect.

You will get no money and lose any lawsuit filed. Warranty does not cover extra charges such as hotel or uber.

map-marker Palmyra, Pennsylvania

Trying to up sell things not needed for your car

First off the customer service got to be the worst Ive ever dealt with. They try to sell me shocks that I dont need.

They showed me my tire gauge in the green and told me I need a new tire. They left paperwork scattered all over my seat when I gave me the car back, Im surprised they gave me the keys in my hand. Clerk had a personality of a stone. Couldnt even get to the store on time.

I dont recommend this company ever again.

I gave it another shot. After the last time I was there they forgot to put a nut on my tire and drove off and almost lost my tire , but I gave him a second chance the second chance Ill never get another chance.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY

Sara S Xqp

| map-marker Hanover Park, Illinois

Brake problems after a bulb change

I went in on April 2nd to get the bulb on my passenger side headlight replaced. I had an appointment for 10 am but decided to go in a little earlier in hopes to get out of there fast so I could go ride share.

I ended up paying way too much. $150.00 to get a bulb replaced which I brought the bulb from a Autozone prior to going to Meineke so they wouldnt charge me for parts. So the $150 was all for labor which took them 1 hour and a half to install a bulb! A 10 minute fix by the way!

So besides the fact that they ripped me off and had to wait more than an hour I finally realized later after I got my car out of the shop that they messed up my brakes. Suddenly the next day after driving my car from my house to the gas station 2 blocks away I kept hearing a scraping noise coming from the back & figured out that my brakes now need to be fixed. I HAD NO ISSUES with my brakes prior! I had been to Miami and back with no issues, been ride sharing all over the city with no issues as it should have been because I had just had them completely replaced about 1 year prior.

So I ended up with bad brakes after I took it to Meineke go figure. They stick you for your money one way or the other. If nothing is wrong with your car they will make sure you leave with a problem so you have to come back. Its sad to see this is regular problem apparently from having read so many complaints all over the US.

Why do corporations like this still exist off of the back of others? So now I made a complaint to the BBB to see what resolution if any I can get out of this otherwise small claims is where Ill be going to get my issue resolved.

User's recommendation: Do not go to Meineke

Got cheated

Mieneke could not fix my problems. But they want me to pay the quote in full but they don't guarantee that they can fix it DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE l got quote and accepted it Then they called me back and said they would not honor that quote. They want me to pay them for the job or they will not work on my car and they will keep it BLACKMAIL IS AGAINST THE LAW 0
Cons:
  • Are all cons and thieves

Preferred solution: Car

Resolved
Janice T Jmk

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Resolved: Suspected fraud

Meineke - Suspected fraud
Updated by user Dec 28, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered. I discussed my issue with the Meineke representative that contacted me, and was happy with the explanation of why I needed a battery, and the product, price and service.

Updated by user Dec 28, 2023

Completely happy with resolution.

Original review Dec 28, 2023
Within the last 10 days, I'd had my battery (from O'Reily) checked by both Honda and AutoZone and was told it was perfectly fine. I continued to have to jump-start my car, and was told the battery was not charging due to cables not fitting tightly.

But when I took it into Meineke to get the cable-battery post problem fixed, they said I needed a new battery. I accused them of wanting to sell me an unnecessary battery, and entered this complaint.
In the end, Meineke was right. They demonstrated how bad my battery was, and the company gave me a discount on a new one. The tech at my Meineke shop told me to take the battery back to O'Reilly, and that was excellent advice.

O'Reilly gave me a 100% refund. I am VERY happy with Meineke's response to my complaint, and I thank them for being so patient with me.

User's recommendation: You can trust Meineke

Yajaira Idz

| map-marker Laurel, Maryland

Unfixed repairs

Good morning I'm calling because this is probably my 17th call that I'm keeping track of that says someone would get in touch with me and 48 hours I haven't talked to anyone and I want to know where is my refund can someone please call me my number is 240-705-**** I it's an easy fix all you got to do is check the merchandise and give me my money back if or if you can't give it to me tell me how I can get it or should I call my lawyer please call me at your earliest convenience go there for what they're famous for

User's recommendation: Go there for what they're famous for

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Lack of honesty IMHO

Meineke - Lack of honesty IMHO

See their response in the screenshot. My google review was:

Now that Meineke responded below I will respond here.

At no time was I disrespectful below. I states exactly what happened. Notice there was no denial of my statements. It is not rude to let the world know how a company tried to pad their bill.

If the owner of this Meineke called me instead of bashing me below I may have updated this with a positive follow up review. As with the service, in my opinion, his response lacks honesty, integrity, and respect.

I am new to New Orleans and started getting a thumping sound from the front end. I tried to figure it out myself and everything in the front end was tight. I had just put new axles in a couple of months ago so it wasnt even a thought.

Since I was clueless on who to take it to, I went to Meineke. NEVER AGAIN!!! My two brothers used to own multiple Meinekes in New Jersey and I had worked with them on the weekends for decades, so I went there.

Now I had done a full check of the front end and everything was tight. I told them I couldnt figure it out and that I had just replaced both axles in June.

However it was the drivers side axle. List price for an axle is $200, wholesale to Meineke would be in the low hundred. Book repair time is an hour, $120 is standard hourly rate. So it should have been between $320 on the low end and $400 on the high end.

For just that they wanted $531.

But then they said I needed hub with bearings because the broken axle would have damaged it. They wanted to tack on like another $800. They said it was pot hole damage so it would have damaged the bearings too. When I looked at it at Smiling Chucks after Chuck fixed it, there was no outside damage to indicate it was hit with force.

Second, I had the car up on jacks and there was zero play in the front end. I checked everything including the ball joints, bearings, k-frame bushings, tie rod ends, steering arms, and stabilizer links. Everything was solid! And yes, I used a pry bar.

Of course, sometimes bearings can be going bad with no play. But in that situation you would be hearing a whirring sound. There was none.

Of course they also tried to tell me I needed both axles claiming if you change one you should always buy both. They were both brand new and one was just defective.

If they were both original she would have been 100% correct. But I had just told her both were just replaced.

Then they wanted to sell me a front wheel alignment at $150. I asked why I needed an alignment and she said its always needed with front end work. I was like no!

You pop the tie-rod out and pop it back in. The only reason an alignment would be needed is if your guy turns the tie-rod end and that theres no reason at all to do that. She replied with, theres no way I can guarantee that. In my head I was thinking, I just spoke to your mechanic and he is definitely knowledgeable.

It would take some serious incompetence for that tie-rod end to turn.

Then there was a recomendation to replace my air filter at $75. Yes! An air filter! Which, by the way, you can still see light through.

Next item was an exhaust hanger.

The broken piece was a $10 rubber piece with two holes. It slides on and off. One hole slides onto a preexisting metal rod connected to the frame and the other hole onto the rod connected to the exhaust. If you cant go to the bin, take one over to the car, and pop in on in less than 5 minutes, maybe you should stick to fixing tricycles.

Worst case scenario is that you need to hit it with a spray of WD40. Asking price, $125. At my brothers shop, he charged $20.

The only thing I really needed outside of the axle were new tires. These were actually reasonably priced.

And had I bought the new tires I would definitely got an alignment.

When I went home I googled auto repair shop. When I scrolled down I saw Smiling Chucks and something just said to me, this is going to be a good man. He charged me $350 including taxes. Heck, he thought I overpaid and tried to give me a hundred back.

But I showed him he had made a math mistake and gave him back the $100. Now thats how integrity should work.

User's recommendation: No go

Yajaira Idz

| map-marker Laurel, Maryland

Unfixed repairs

This is my 13th phone call and nobody is returning my call it's been 2 months I don't know how long it takes and I can appreciate that you're working on it but I need to know when can I expect my refund call me at 240-705-****

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Got cheated

Did not fix,want to get paid with out giving honorable quote It is like blackmail If they can't fix the problem they should have not given me the quote. Their manager said they were going to keep my car ,but they will not tell me what is wrong or how much it is going to cost. He said to give him the title UNPROFESSIONAL NOT QUALITY OF COMPANY FOR ME

Verified Reviewer

Did not fix problems, now they are blackmailing me and say that I have to pay 585.$ before they finish the job, but they want me to sign a open ticket, but they won't tell me what it's going to be,

Mieneke gave me a quote then added more and will not tell you if they can fix it DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE

User's recommendation: Since they didn't honor the estimate didn't use Mieneke

Regina H Mkk

Complaint status

I spoke to Keith who says he is the marketing manager for the location. He insists that they did nothing to damage the PCM in the vehicle, and the fan was the culprit, not their installation. I disagree and am now out of a vehicle unless I want to spend another $1200 and take a chance that there is not more damage to it, which I am not.

map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

Extremely Disappointing Service and Unprofessional Conduct at Meineke Lynn, MA

I visited the Meineke at Lynn, MA, on March 4th for what should have been a routine transmission fluid replacement for my 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT. Unfortunately, my experience was far from satisfactory, marred by unclear pricing, unsatisfactory service, and unprofessional treatment.

Initially, I was not given a clear quote for the service, and to my surprise, the price was significantly increased without any justification when I questioned it.

Despite the high price, the service performed on my car failed to resolve the issue it was brought in for. Shortly after the service, my car began displaying an engine overheated warning, a new and concerning issue.

Attempting to address these problems, I was met with outright rudeness by an individual named Sam. Instead of receiving professional customer service and a willingness to rectify the situation, I was told they could charge whatever price I want and dismiss any responsibility for the unresolved and new issues with my car.

Given these circumstances, I requested a 50% refund or a free re-service at a different shop to avoid further interactions with Sam. This seemed a fair compromise considering the financial impact and the level of service I received.

Yet, I am compelled to share my experience to warn others. The lack of transparency, professionalism, and skill at this Meineke location is alarming.

To anyone considering Meineke in Lynn, MA, for their car service needs, I urge you to think twice.

The stress, inconvenience, and potential safety issues are not worth the risk. There are many other service providers who value their customers and deliver on their promises.

Nizor F.

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your time or money on them, choose a different shop that will tell you the price and be consistent to it

Brands Related to Meineke

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article