1.3

The mechanics and manager Dustin could not find the clunk and surmised it needed shocks and struts. I was told it must be down immediatly and was dangerous my back end could cause the car to go up off the road and lose control.

I was given a quote but when I told Dustin I needed to go think the unprofessional behavior and pressure began. I am a senior on an SSI income. I expressed at least 3 times I can not make decisions under pressure. He insisted I get a meineke credit card when I refused he was annoyed.

He further offered a $200 off he'd personally pay, which is not true as the new invoice just shows a juggeling of numbers. He said I had to decide right then or the deal was off and I had 5 minutes as he had to order parts coming from out of town for next day's appointment. Sadly I conceded. THEN I had to pay a non refundable $100 deposit for said parts.

Then he said I should post on Yelp and give him a 5 star review...he takes my phone saying I'd forget...downloads yelp and wrote it all naming himself and his mechanics and posted it with five stars. Apparently they are in a contest to win a trip.He constantly interrupted my texting to friends so I never got opinions until I got home and it sunk in ..do I even need shocks and struts and what just happened?? Next morning a friend took it to his shop and reputable mechanic who worked it over much better than Meineke. It does NOT need shocks and struts but a ball bearing which is not immediate.

I returned to Meineke and nicely told this to Dustin and said I needed my $100 back as they misdiagnosed my car. He said OK but he didn't know how to do that and would call which of course he didn't and ran it through my card. My brother went to confront Dustin who became antagonistic, argued and threw him out..on the way out my brother said they are going to lose a lot of customers from this. Dustin's loud answer was "I DO NOT CARE!

WE ARE A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION!". So he doesn't care about us everybody! And since they are a "million $$ corporation" why can't they refund $100 for parts not used and a job not done! I did some research...These parts come from Auto Zone and they looked them up.

They are readily available all over this area, no need to order from out of town unless Meineke is trying to sell me used parts under the table. This is a Ford Taurus not an exotic foreign vehicle for crying out loud!

I am reporting this to Olympia City Attorney for starters as I found it may be illegal to not refund deposits for a job not done...it is in nearby Lacey. Next is Yelp to tell the truth and then BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Meineke Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Meineke Pros: No pros.

Meineke Cons: Does not care about customer.

• Meineke In Olympi