Update added by user Jul 16, 2013
Please be advised that although I dod have the issues as detailed in my complaint that Skinner Meinke very professionally handled the issue and provided refund and reimbursements to my complete and total satisfaction to the point that we now consider this matter as settled and closed. I would not hesitate at this time to let you know that if you do have any issues with this company that they will come forward and make it right
Original review posted by user Jul 01, 2013
AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!!Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door.
Got there and it was actually $640! They did work without signed approval or written estimate as required by Oregon Law. Check engine light came on after work was done. Went to have it checked at another mechanic and was told that the O2 sensors were damaged when Meineke did work, that wrong catalytic converter was used and had to be altered to fit car, that work was extremely sloppy, that dangerous exhaust leaks were a result of work by Meineke and that everything would have to be reomoved and replaced which cost me an additional $900.
Skinner Meineke refused to refund money or correct work and actually laughed at me when such was requested. I have written to them numerous times without any response.
I have filed with BBB, will file with Oregon Department of Justice and will file suit in small claims.AVOID TAKING YOUR CAR TO MEINEKE IN MEDFORD, OR
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Catalytic Converter Replacement
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "I took my car to Midas on Saturday for an oil change and was told my trans coolant line had a leak and Philip asked me if I wanted them..."
- "You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info. There..."
- "Oredered two sofas on 12/08/10 not sent. Add said available and ready for shipping. False advertising.The first guy I chatted with out and out lied and said it was going..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."