Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012.Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement.
Asked for a call when diagnosis was done. Got a call around 5 pm that dat with diagnosis of cat replacement and muffler. Since it was late in the day I was told the car would be ready the next day at 10am. Went to shop at 10 am the next day, car was not ready and was told the mechanic doing the welding was having problems with the "thin walls" of the exhaust piping but had worked thru it.
However the welding equipment stopped working and a service call had been opened for its repair. Day 3, welder down all day, Day 4 welder was down until mid afternoon. The manager Robert Anthony tells me the welder was down due to operator error. I was told they would get back to work on my car.
At this point I know these guys are incompetent. I get a call at the end of the day with other diagnosis of electrical issues and but I tell them that I just want the cat and muffler installed. I get a call on Day 5 around 10 am that the car is ready. I pay $424 and get my car.
As soon as I crank the car I hear exhaust leaks. I look at the mechanic he drops his head and walks off. I drive a mile down the road to Midas to have then diagnosis what is wrong. I took the following pictures http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666963906834&l=565fe06e99, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666958746705&l=30ab13667b, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666967906934&l=0b828f594a.
I was with out my car for 5 days for this! I took the car back and told them I was dissatisfied with the quality of the work. Robert Anthony replied " Whats wrong with it? I showed him the pictures, and in a rude tone said he would fix it.
When I asked exactly what would be done to fix it he responded again in a rude tone that he would fix it. Not wanting a confrontation I let my car and returned later hoping to get an exact description od what would be done to fix my car. All I got from Anthony was he would fix it himself starting at the exhaust flange. He said he would call me before the work was done for me to inspect.
Day 6, I got a call to come inspect the work. Welds were good and Anthony showed me what work he had left. We agreed and he said the car would be ready in an hour, he would call. I did not get a call.
Day 7, I went to the shop around 8:30, I was told the car was ready. I picked up the car and told a shop employee that I would be back to speak with Anthony about some kind of reimbursement for it taking a week for a 2 hour job. I came back and Anthony informed me that as far as he was concerned we were even because he fixed the problem. He said I would not have been without my car for a week had I not complained about the work.
He refused to do anything to compensate for the inconvenience and directed me to customer service. I called customer service and they refused to do anything as well citing that the welder was only down 1 day and the othe days were due to parts. As for the two days to fix the work well, they fixed the problem!
Bruce from customer service was as rude as Anthony.I have filed complaints with the BBB and the Alabama Attorney General's office for customer protection.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Catalytic Converter
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "I thought my Lennar complaint was awful then I read about Ruth in Pearland, Texas. They purchased a Lennar Home with a cracked concrete slab which was not disclosed..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."