Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012.Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement.
Asked for a call when diagnosis was done. Got a call around 5 pm that dat with diagnosis of cat replacement and muffler. Since it was late in the day I was told the car would be ready the next day at 10am. Went to shop at 10 am the next day, car was not ready and was told the mechanic doing the welding was having problems with the "thin walls" of the exhaust piping but had worked thru it.
However the welding equipment stopped working and a service call had been opened for its repair. Day 3, welder down all day, Day 4 welder was down until mid afternoon. The manager Robert Anthony tells me the welder was down due to operator error. I was told they would get back to work on my car.
At this point I know these guys are incompetent. I get a call at the end of the day with other diagnosis of electrical issues and but I tell them that I just want the cat and muffler installed. I get a call on Day 5 around 10 am that the car is ready. I pay $424 and get my car.
As soon as I crank the car I hear exhaust leaks. I look at the mechanic he drops his head and walks off. I drive a mile down the road to Midas to have then diagnosis what is wrong. I took the following pictures http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666963906834&l=565fe06e99, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666958746705&l=30ab13667b, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3666967906934&l=0b828f594a.
I was with out my car for 5 days for this! I took the car back and told them I was dissatisfied with the quality of the work. Robert Anthony replied " Whats wrong with it? I showed him the pictures, and in a rude tone said he would fix it.
When I asked exactly what would be done to fix it he responded again in a rude tone that he would fix it. Not wanting a confrontation I let my car and returned later hoping to get an exact description od what would be done to fix my car. All I got from Anthony was he would fix it himself starting at the exhaust flange. He said he would call me before the work was done for me to inspect.
Day 6, I got a call to come inspect the work. Welds were good and Anthony showed me what work he had left. We agreed and he said the car would be ready in an hour, he would call. I did not get a call.
Day 7, I went to the shop around 8:30, I was told the car was ready. I picked up the car and told a shop employee that I would be back to speak with Anthony about some kind of reimbursement for it taking a week for a 2 hour job. I came back and Anthony informed me that as far as he was concerned we were even because he fixed the problem. He said I would not have been without my car for a week had I not complained about the work.
He refused to do anything to compensate for the inconvenience and directed me to customer service. I called customer service and they refused to do anything as well citing that the welder was only down 1 day and the othe days were due to parts. As for the two days to fix the work well, they fixed the problem!
Bruce from customer service was as rude as Anthony.I have filed complaints with the BBB and the Alabama Attorney General's office for customer protection.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Catalytic Converter
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there. dba. www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "I thought my Lennar complaint was awful then I read about Ruth in Pearland, Texas. They purchased a Lennar Home with a cracked concrete slab which was not disclosed..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."