Update by user Jul 01, 2011

Meineke Car Care, Asheville, NC

Original review posted by user Jul 01, 2011

I made an app't to have a dye test done on my a/c. I dropped off my car, and returned when it was to be finished. When I got back, it had not been started. I did not have time to wait, so I rescheduled.

On my 2nd trip, they did the dye test, and told me that my a/c appeared to be working fine. They had recharged it, and added freon, and it was blowing cold air. The freon quickly leaked out, so I brought it in 3rd time to have the dye test evaluated.

Again, they did not honor my app't, so I was barely able to line up a ride to pick my car up. When I got there, they told me they did not have the equipment to evaluate the dye test, so they had done nothing for it.

The manager recommended that I call Meineke Customer Care for a refund. They contacted the owner, who refused to do anything to remedy the situation. Oh, he did offer to perform another dye test at no charge. For what purpose, I have no idea! After wasting 3 Saturdays and $100, I still had an a/c that was not working. I took it to another shop, and they fixed it immediately, no hassles.

Review about: Meineke Repair.

Had an Experience with Meineke?

Comments